SJS is a primary school (5-11 year old students) member of the English Schools Foundation and an IBO World School. We serve the New Territories region of Hong Kong and provide for a student enrolment of 900. We are very well-resourced and share a campus with our partner secondary school, Sha Tin College.
Applications must be submitted online through ESF Recruit.
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
Current positions, if we have any, will be listed below.
Librarian (Re-advertisement - Previous Applicants Need Not Apply)
We are seeking an energetic, child-centred librarian to run our vibrant Learning Centre. Our librarian must have a love of books and a desire to inspire children to read. Our books and resources cater for the learning needs of our students, reinforcing their love of reading, as well as supporting and extending their research skills. You will be a person who enjoys working collaboratively with both students and staff.
Previous experience working in a child-focussed setting would be an advantage.
This post is offered at a support staff level. A teaching qualification is not required.
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Library Assistant.
The candidate will:
- foster an environment where learners are encouraged and empowered to read, view, listen and respond for understanding and enjoyment
- have an excellent knowledge of information, resources, technology, library management and library database systems and management (our system is Softlink Oliver v5)
- administer and maintain the loan system
- be responsible for daily administration, ordering and cataloging of resources, maintenance of stock, general good order of the library; stock checks, etc.
- train and supervise student and adult volunteer help
- understand that professionally managed and resourced school libraries are crucial to the achievements of the school community
You will also be someone who has a love of books and be sufficiently well read to be able to recommend appropriate reading materials to both students and adults. You will feel confident and comfortable working with groups of children and adults across the school community, be a good communicator and be passionate about learning.
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 10 Sep 2020
For enquiries, please contact Dylan Thomas at +852 2692 2721 or email@example.com.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.