SJS is a primary school (5-11 year old students) member of the English Schools Foundation and an IBO World School. We serve the New Territories region of Hong Kong and provide for a student enrolment of 900. We are very well-resourced and share a campus with our partner secondary school, Sha Tin College.
Applications must be submitted online through ESF Recruit.
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing”
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue”.
Current positions, if we have any, will be listed below.
We are searching for a special kind of leader. Someone who can take the reins at an extraordinary school and help deliver our mission to help every student be the best that they can be. This is a prestigious role that will attract candidates of the highest calibre.
Sha Tin Junior is an international, co-educational primary school within the English Schools Foundation, the largest provider of English medium education in Asia. The school follows the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme and has a student roll of 900.
In common with all of the schools within ESF, Sha Tin Junior is a first class school that delivers outstanding results for every single family. Our approach to teaching is simple: we recruit great teachers who then work to support and understand every student in their class, so that they can reach their true potential.
The Principal we are looking for will be someone who can take this already high performing school to new heights. They will be an inspirational leader, someone who will bring fresh thinking, a desire to develop their staff and an abundance of energy.
In addition to having the opportunity to lead the school, as one of our senior leaders, you would have a role in helping shape the future direction of the Foundation.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an exceptional leader.
The ideal candidate will …
- Have an educational philosophy that is holistic, respectful of values, celebrates diversity and promotes student well-being and safety
- Able to continue driving an inclusive School philosophy while embedding a new curriculum and learning approaches
- Be passionate about learning and teaching and setting high expectations for students and staff
- Have a compelling vision for education and the ability to articulate this to all stakeholders
- Responsible for collaborative pedagogy and curriculum development with neighbouring schools
- Be internationally minded and committed to international education
- Be an inspiring, motivating and collaborative leader for our outstanding staff, students and alumni
- Be creative and innovative
- Be a learning-centred Principal, committed to a culture of continuous improvement
Applicants must be suitably qualified, have a proven track record as a senior leader in a school, a professional teaching qualification, fluency in English and a desire to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Working with outstanding students and staff and alumni in one of the world’s most amazing cities;
- A competitive salary and cash housing allowance;
- International medical and life insurance coverage;
- Education allowance for two children;
- 20% gratuity upon successful completion of each two-year contract.
Closing Date: 10 Dec 2018
For enquiries, please contact Paul Munder at +852 37622640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Teacher for Learning Technology and Multiliteracies
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic primary teacher to join our staff team and collaboratively lead the development of the technology and multiliteracies programmes for our students.
The successful candidate will join a highly effective team which currently comprises specialist teaching colleagues responsible for Learning Technology, Information Literacy and Media Literacy. We are looking to strengthen the team with the addition of a dynamic educator in order to tackle up-coming strategic challenges. These include;
- A review of the roles of the team members to support the development of Ideal Libraries as outlined in the Enhanced PYP.
- The development of an enhanced school based Learning Support Platform to enable reporting of student performance, curriculum design and school evaluation.
- To continue the development of transformational use of technology to deepen learning across the curriculum.
- The enhancement of the rigorous Digital Citizenship programme we have in place.
The post will be offered in a non-class based capacity, with a Teaching and Learning Responsibility allowance available, depending upon the experience of the successful candidate.
Applications are invited from primary teachers who have an expertise in the areas of Learning Technology and Multiliteracies (digital, media, information, critical and design literacy). Candidates with experience;
- As a Google Certified Educator or Trainer
- Of relevant IBO training related to technology
- Of Teaching and Learning in the Maker Centred Classroom
we be welcomed.
Knowledge of hardware and software systems is required. At SJS, at present, these include:
- Chromebooks, iPads. Laptops, iPods and 3D Printers.
- Makeblock, Makey Makey, Littlebits, Buncee, G Suite, Flipgrid, Oliver, Scratch and Video Creation software.
Closing Date: 11 JAN 2019
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.