Dear Sha Tin Junior Community,
Time has flown by and next week is the final week before we break for the holiday. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you very happy holidays. A very Merry Christmas to those of the community who will be celebrating Christmas and for those of you celebrating Hanukkah a very happy Hanukkah.
December means that it is time for our annual Winter Concert. This concert is always one of the highlights of the school year and we look forward to welcoming parents from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm on Thursday 12th of December. The PTA will be providing festive refreshments and food and the children will be providing the musical entertainment.
Some logistical points to note about Thursday:
- Children should be picked up from school as normal at 2:45 pm as there will be no supervision in school between the end of school and the Winter Concert.
- Please have your children arrive in school by 5:30 pm to ensure that we are ready for a prompt start at 6:00 pm.
- Please remember to bring your own reusable cup for the mulled wine and hot chocolate that will be sold by the PTA.
- If your child is performing please remember to sign the eNotice that was sent to you so the Ms Niermeier is aware of their attendance.
Logistics for Friday:
To celebrate the end of an amazing term and look forward to the holiday festivities Friday 13th of December will be Festive Free Dress Day. We encourage students to donate $20 each to Operation Santa Claus in order to take part in Festive Free Dress Day. They should bring the money in on the day and come dressed in casual clothes adding a bit of festive sparkle if they wish.
Please remember that school ends at 11:45 am on Friday. The Learning Centre will also close at 11:45 am on Friday.
I hope you’ve all had a great 2019 and will have an even better 2020.
With warmest regards,
Date for your diary
- MON 9 DEC House Running Competition
- WED 11 DEC Environmental Reps – Book Swap & House Celebration (for winning House)
- THU 12 DEC Winter Concert (6 – 7 pm)
- FRI 13 DEC Last Day of Term – 11:45 am finish
- MON 16 DEC CPD Day in Lieu – No classes at SJS
- 17 DEC – 3 JAN Christmas Break
- MON 6 JAN Term 2 Begins
- THU 23 JAN Chinese New Year Assembly & Last Day of Term – 11:45 am finish
- 24 – 31 JAN Half Term Break
As always, we have a number of events planned for parents. You will be receiving separate invitations/notifications for each event, but to remind you of the programme, there are some of the events that are already in the diary.
Subscribe to our School Calendar for the latest updates: http://sjs.edu.hk/calendar/
Please read our pdf newsletter for more:
- House Events next week
- Environmental Warriors Book Swap (11 DEC)
- Winter Concert & Programme (12 DEC 6pm)
- Festival Free Dress Day – Operation Santa Claus (13 DEC)
- Performing Arts Club 2019-2020
- Techni Photo Extended Order Deadline (13 DEC)
Clubs by Private Provider (Term 2)
A wide range of private clubs is available after school at SJS. Please refer to the details below for their classes and contacts.