Dear Sha Tin Junior Community,
Thank you. It has been wonderful for the school to return to normal this last week. We missed our students and were very glad to be able to send off Year 6 and Year 5 to camp successfully. Staff spent time during the closure working on our whole school approaches to learning and curriculum rationale.
This morning I had the opportunity to share in the Year 1 Learning Journey and I would like to thank Miss Hedges and the Year 1 team for all the organization and also to Mr. Coyle for his support. I hope our Year 1 parents enjoyed their time in school.
The next two weeks are going to be busy in school and we plan to make the most of them. I am very much looking forward to our Winter Music Concert on the 12 December 2019.
Thank you again for your ongoing support to SJS and to us as a teaching team. We are very proud to work alongside you to support and challenge your children’s learning ‘to be all they can be!’
With best wishes,
Date for your diary
- THU 12 DEC Winter Concert (6 – 7 pm)
- FRI 13 DEC Last Day of Term – 11:45 am finish
- MON 16 DEC CPD Day in Lieu – No classes at SJS
- 17 DEC – 3 JAN Christmas Break
- MON 6 JAN Term 2 Begins
- THU 23 JAN Chinese New Year Assembly & Last Day of Term – 11:45 am finish
- 24 – 31 JAN Half Term Break
As always, we have a number of events planned for parents. You will be receiving separate invitations/notifications for each event, but to remind you of the programme, there are some of the events that are already in the diary.
Subscribe to our School Calendar for the latest updates: http://sjs.edu.hk/calendar/
New Way to Report Absence
Login to Gateway and click Absence Request button. Parent will receive an auto email acknowledgement once submitted. All submissions will inform your child’s class teacher, the attendance manager and he school nurse automatically.
- Select expected date(s) of absence
- Select a reason of absence from
- M – Medical/Sickness (please indicate details in the box provided for school nurse reference)
- E – Educational reason/Visit
- F – Family reason
- H – Family holiday
- Select a contact person between Parent/Guardian 1 or 2 (Mobile Numbers are auto filled-in but please update if necessary)
- Click Submit
Box of Hope
SJS collected 380 boxes of hope on total.
Thank you to everyone who have contributed to making your box of hope. These boxes will provide educational and fun gifts for children in need around Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
Student Council Y1 Members
Congratulation to the Y1 students on joining the Student Council 2019-2020.
- 1.1 Cyrus
- 1.2 Kathy
- 1.3 Aarav
- 1.4 Kacey
- 1.5 Haze
Photograph is on the pdf newsletter.
Athletics Day - New School Records
New School Records (Girls):
- Javelin 9.60m Callie 4.4 (Banyan)
- Shot Put 12.10m Callie 4.4 (Banyan)
- Javelin 10.40m Shamaine 5.2 (Dragon)
- Shot Put 8.72m Joyce 5.2 (Banyan)
- 4 x 100m Relay 1 min 06.75 secs Jasmine, Charlotte, Evelyn & Bernice (Dragon)
- Shot Put 9.50m Charlotte 6.5 (Dragon)
New School Records (Boys):
Shot Put 11.65m Harrison 5.1 (Sandmartin)
100m 14.87 secs Michael 6.2 (Lion)
400m 1 min 17.66 secs Lukas 6.1 (Dragon)
4 x 100m Relay 1 min 05.22 secs Eugene, Jay, Hector & Michael (Lion)
Event Places & Total House Points are available on the pdf newsletter.
School event photos can be found in our Google Shared Drive > Photos and Videos > Events
Please read our pdf newsletter for more:
- Library Opening Times
- Winter Concert (12 DEC 6pm)
- Environmental Warriors Book Swap (11 DEC)
- Performing Arts Club 2019-2020
- Hong Kong Schools Speech Festival
- Techni Photo Extended Order Deadline
Clubs by Private Provider (Term 2)
A wide range of private clubs is available after school at SJS. Please refer to the details below for their classes and contacts.